Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Medical Supply Companies, Medicaid, and the Madness: Finally, I Have My Freedom Back

Oh my goodness, I finally have my freedom back and boy does it feel good! After waiting five months for my power wheelchair to be fixed, and being without it for the second half of that time period, I am so thrilled to have my chair back.

At 4:52 PM, I received a call from Bellevue HealthCare (BHC) informing me that the correct joystick had arrived, that it had been installed, and that my chair was ready to be picked up. However, BHC closed at 5 PM, so if I could make it there before 5 PM, I could pick it up, but otherwise, I would have to wait until tomorrow morning. This left me eight minutes to travel across town in order to retrieve my chair from BHC as they would not wait for me after 5 PM.

I told BHC that I would make it there by 5 PM but the employee that I talked to insisted that I just come pick up my chair tomorrow. Well, I did not listen; I made it to BHC at 5:01 PM. Their doors had yet to be locked and the employee I had talked to over the phone was still there.

I really hope that BHC called right after my chair had been fixed, that the part had just arrived and that the part was just mounted on my chair; however, it is difficult with everything that has happened to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is possible that the joystick had arrived earlier that morning and that BHC could have called me with a longer period of time to pick up my chair.

I am so, so happy to have my power chair back. Two and a half months was way too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment